Google Shopping Advertising Exam – Questions & Answers (2017)
How can Helen provide free shipping for a small group of promotional products?
– Add a specific shipping_label to the promotional products, and then set the shipping cost for those products to “Free”
– Set the default shipping for all products to a flat rate of 0.00 USD
– Remove all shipping options from the Google Merchant Center Account
– Add “Free Shipping” to the Shopping Campaign Promotional Text
Shopping Ads can appear on:
– Google Search
– Google Search Partner Websites
– All of the answers are correct
You want to prevent your ads from appearing for certain search terms. How would you do it?
– Remove the related search terms from your product titles in your product data.
– Put shorter descriptions in your product data
– Remove products from your product data
– Add negative keywords to your campaign or ad
Matt is preparing for his store’s big holiday sale. What should Matt do to make sure the products that are on sale are organized on Google Shopping?
– Classify the products under the “holiday” Google Product Category
– Use a custom label to denote items included in the holiday sale
– Change the ‘brand’ attribute of sale items to “holiday”
– Add “holiday sale” to the ‘Title’ attribute of all items
Shopping campaigns use:
– Shopping ads created from product data in Google Merchant Center
– Ads performing local and nearby services
– Keyword-targeted rich media ads
– A combination of text ads and Product Listing Ads formats
Which can you sell on Google Shopping?
– Used goods
– Hotel and travel fares
– Residential real estate
– Business services such as plumbing or locksmithing
If a product doesn’t have an image available, you should:
– Submit an image of a similar product
– Wait to submit the product until an image is ready
– Submit a placeholder image with a message, such as “Coming Soon”
– Submit a full color version of your store’s logo
Peter has finished subdividing the product groups in one of his Shopping campaign’s ad groups. What bid should Peter not use for the remaining “everything else in all products” product group?
– Bid of zero
– A bid that’s the average of the subdivisions
– Continue subdividing until there are no products in this group
– A bid lower than the subdivisions
What does impression share indicate about a product group?
– It predicts your product group’s future impressions
– It shows how many impressions your product group has received divided by the estimated number that it was eligible to receive
– It provides an average benchmark of all similar products from other retailers
– It shows your product group impressions relative to other product groups in the same campaign
Which should David do to better understand how the ads for his local bakery have driven store visits and influenced his customers’ buying habits?
– Set up Google Analytics for his local storefront and access its various customized data
– Segment his report by click type and review his local data
– Set up local inventory ads in his Shopping campaign and review his local channel performance.
– Enable dynamic tracking URLs for his campaign and set up tracking templates for his local product group.
Marie’s new camera product falls into two different Google product categories. What should she use for this attribute?
– Use the ‘custom label’ attribute
– Include only one category
– Include both categories in the attribute
– Submit the product twice using a different category each time
Shopping ads should be used for:
– Driving phone calls to a business
– Promoting products online
– Promoting brands
– Promoting services
Enhanced cost-per-click (ECPC) bidding should be used to:
– Optimize bids using converted clicks
– Drive engagement with product brand
– Bid for a target cost-per-acquisition (CPA)
– Increase total impressions
Michael was notified that his products were disapproved due to incorrect prices. Which of the following may have caused the disapproval?
– The shipping rates for the products were updated to $0.00
– The availability for the products are listed as ‘out of stock’
– The landing page price is different from the feed price
– A ‘sale price’ attribute is blank
How can you lose your claimed URL?
– Your claimed URL authorization expired from Webmaster tools
– You remove all data feeds from your Merchant Center account
– Another authorized owner of the website successfully verifies and claims your website URL
– Your website is updated but includes the same identifying meta tag or HTML file
What is a best practice to reduce the processing time of a new feed?
– Submit the feed at midnight
– Upload both xml and csv files of the same products
– Create a new Google Merchant Center account for each new AdWords campaign
– Divide the group of products into multiple data feed segments
How are product groups used in Shopping campaigns?
– To bid on organized inventory in an ad group
– To create a list of keywords used to target Product Listing Ads to shoppers
– To bundle items sold as a package, like a camera and tripod stand
– To organize products within a data feed
In a Shopping campaign, conversion tracking:
– Grants access to Search Funnel reports, which show how your customers complete a conversion. – Provides in-depth reporting on how people use your website. – Allows you to test changes, such as different campaign priorities and product group bids – Only counts purchases after clicks as conversions.
Mika has an online store and wants to create a shopping campaign. What information does she need to create a Google Merchant Center Account?
– Verified and claimed website URL
– Country where her products are sold
– Promotion Text
– Local Business data feed
To help with your campaign strategy, you can use custom labels to:
– Organize products by specific attributes
– Increase your product’s discoverability
– Discover your best-selling products
– Create a list of new keywords for your products
Page has an online dress boutique that sells dresses for women and children. She just got a new shipment of pink polka-dot girls dresses. How can a shopping campaign help Paige target her inventory?
– She can link directly to the brand, color, size and price of the dress described.
– She can add the dress description in the title and then link to additional dresses.
– She can link to a page within her site with all dresses in case the item sells out.
– She can link to the page with an image of the non-yet-available product with “coming soon” listed and additional options
When optimizing the title attribute for her new line of bicycles, Matilda should include:
– Symbols and foreign characters to get the user’s attention such as exclamation points.
– The price and shipping cost.
– Keywords and relevant attributes in the title such as brand, size and color
– The bike style name only
To set-up ads for her local watch store in addition to the ads she already runs for her online store, Lucy should:
– Enable local products in her shopping campaign and set up a product filter for “local”.
– Setup up multichannel ads to direct customers to her online or local store.
– Subdivide her product inventory and set different bids for her local and online only ads.
– Begin the local inventory ads implementation process and complete the required steps
What’s the best way to indicate in a feed that a product is on sale for a limited time?
– Include “SALE” in the title of the item
– Upload the same item twice, once with a lower price
– Use the ‘sale price’ attribute
– Update the description of that specific item
Catherine is preparing to release a new line of toys that’s currently available for pre-order only on the landing page. Why is Catherine’s data feed getting disapproved for incorrect availability?
– The ‘availability date’ attribute is set as the toys’ release date
– The ‘availability’ attribute is set as ‘in stock’
– The ‘availability’ attribute is set as ‘preorder’
– The ‘availability’ attribute is set as ‘out of stock’
What information do you need to enter in Google Merchant Center to create a Shopping campaign?
– Promotion text
– Local business data feed
– Business address
– Verified and claimed website URL
In order to offer products in different countries, you should:
– Always set prices in USD
– Use one feed for all products
– Use the same landing pages globally
– List the products in the local language
Brian is expanding his store to include antique goods. What should he do if there isn’t a unique product identifier available?
– Leave all unique product identifiers blank
– Add ‘unique’ to the ‘brand’ attribute
– Use the exemption attribute ‘identifier exists’
– Include the word “antique” in the titles of all products
When reviewing the Search terms report for your Shopping campaigns, you notice several terms that aren’t relevant to what you’re advertising. How can you use this information?
– Add the terms as negative keywords
– Adjust your product data feed to include relevant terms
– Increase your Quality Score by including irrelevant terms in ad content
– Increase your bids for more relevant keywords
You can use custom labels to;
– Target different countries within the same Shopping Campaign
– List specific features in your Shopping Ads
– Subdivide a product by specific features that you decide
– Have Google subdivide your product into specific relevant categories
Suzie owns an apparel store and has decided to sell her products online. When Suzie creates a Google Merchant Center data feed, what unique product identifiers will be accepted?
– ‘gtin’ and ‘brand’
– ‘gtin’ Only
– ‘mpn’ and ‘gtin’
– ‘brand’ Only
If Sam doesn’t enable conversion tracking for his Shopping campaigns, which bidding option below will be available to him?
– Target cost-per-acquisition (target CPA) bidding
– Maximum cost-per-click (max. CPC) bidding
– Enhanced cost-per-click (ECPC) bidding
– Maximum cost-per-acquisition (max. CPA) bidding
Creating multiple products groups within one ad group allows you to
– Base each product group on a specific product attribute that you choose.
– Access a search term report for each product group
– Set different bid modifiers or negative keywords for your products
– Use a single maximum cost-per-click bid across your product inventory
Ben is creating product images. A common best practice is to:
– Display the merchant website name over all images
– Ensure all images are high-quality
– Include all varieties of a product in one image
– Include brand names in the images
Ricky is an online golf equipment merchant who just created a new Google Merchant Center account. When Ricky creates his first data feed, he must add unique product identifiers for his products. Which combination of ‘gtin,’ ‘mpin,’ and ‘brand’ is valid?
– Two identifiers from ‘gtin,’ ‘mpin,’ and ‘brand’ must be used
– Only ‘mpin’ is required
– Both ‘gtin’ and ‘mpn’ must be included
– Only ‘brand’ is required
Sally is promoting her online store that sells vintage goods and custom artwork. What does she need to include for unique product identifiers?
– Put ‘unavailable’ in the ‘gtin’ attribute
– Submit ‘1’ as the ‘mpn’ attribute
– Submit a randomly generated number in the ‘gtin’ attribute
– Put ‘false’/ ‘no’ in the ‘identifier exists’ attribute
Custom labels are a way to:
– Identify the shipping method used for your products
– Set the country in which your products will be sold
– Subdivide products into specific product groups in AdWords
– Tell Google Merchant Center what products to avoid when uploading data.
Lisa wants to know if, after viewing her Shopping ad, people are buying the shoes listed in the ad.
– She should set up conversion tracking.
– Run an Ad performance report
– Run an Auction insights report
– Use enhanced cost-per-click (ECPC) bidding.
Which is a reason why Annie’s Google Merchant Center account would get suspended?
– Her landing pages lead to error messages or non-existent pages
– She is only selling used products
– Her website doesn’t have a mobile version
– She’s only been updating her data feeds every 10 days
Merchants use Google Merchant Center for which purpose?
– Upload product data through feeds or an API
– Set campaign priority
– Set mobile bids on specific products
– Manage Shopping campaign bids
Google Merchant center is used to:
– Manage bidding for Shopping campaigns
– Monitor the performance of Shopping campaigns
– Submit product information
– Host website images
Which is a required attribute when submitting a product to Google Merchant Center?
– Additional image URLs
– Mobile landing page URL
– Availability date
According to Google Shopping Policies, what would cause the disapproval of individual items or an entire Merchant Center Account?
– Product with an availability attribute of out of stock
– A product URL that links directly to only one relevant item
– Sale of gambling related products such as poker chips
– Unsecure checkout or a missing refund policy
Greta wants to make changes for several Shopping campaigns that she manages. She can use bulk changes to:
– Replace an existing product group
– Link product feeds across campaigns
– Create general calls to actions
– Alter custom parameters for subdivided product groups
You’re currently targeting all inventory in one campaign through an “All products” group. How should you find campaign optimization opportunities?
– Check impressions for each product in Merchant Center
– Segment performance by various shopping views in the “Dimensions” tab
– See query-level product performance in the “Keywords” tab
– Understand which creative perform best in the “Ads” tab
Vivian owns an art supply store and traffic for her “painting” product group is increasing. What is one thing Vivian should do to optimize the performance of her painting products?
– Update the inventory by removing certain products
– Subdivide the product group and move budget allocation to the best performing products
– Add promotional text that says “Best selling” to the ad group
– Increase the maximum cost-per-click (max. CPC) bid for all products
Bob is seeing low traffic for one of his product groups and daily spend is low. What could he do to help increase impressions and traffic?
– Increase the campaign’s daily budget
– Add negative keywords to the product group
– Add a promotional message to his ads
– Increase bids on products groups
Jane is planning to add a popular brand of watches to her online store. To help differentiate her products from her competitors, Jane should do which of the following:
– Change the price on the ad to be lower than the actual product price
– Include bundled accessories in the product image
– Include her store name on all watch images
– Use promotional text to highlight any deals
What does Google Merchant Center use as the primary way to contact users with important messages, such as feed disapprovals?
– Automated phone messages to account owner
– Messaging in Google Merchant Center overview page
– Email contacts listed in account settings
– Messaging in AdWords overview page
Multi-client accounts (MCAs) in Google Merchant Center allow advertisers to easily:
– Combine reporting on all data feeds across domains
– Share products between accounts
– Manage multiple domains with a single sign in
– Access multiple AdWords accounts
What should Brian take into account when optimizing the ‘title’ attribute for his new line of bicycles?
– Use special characters such as exclamation points
– Include the bike style name only
– Add additional keywords at the end of the title
– Include relevant attributes in the title such as brand, size, and color
Product groups are eligible for the Bid Simulator:
– When Shopping ads have been included in enough auctions or accrued enough impressions
– Anytime after a product group is created in a Shopping campaign
– Once a budget cap has been reached for a product group
– Once the average cost-per-click (Avg. CPC) is close to the maximum cost-per-click (Max. CPC) bid
Muhammad wants to promote hats and shirts from the same brand, and decides to subdivide his “All products” product group. He first uses the attribute brand to select products for the brand and then uses the attribute category to create separate product groups for hats and shirts. His next step is to:
– Check the benchmark cost-per-click (CPC) of his hats and shirts to inform his bid strategy.
– Check his conversion window settings and see if new product groups create changes.
– Set bids for his new product groups to align with his sales strategy
– Use the Bid Simulator, but only for “Everything else” in “All products”
Mindy is setting up her Google Merchant Center account and has to verify her website URL. Her website URL must:
– Include IP address
– Include Ports
– Be as specific as possible (for e.g., http://www.example.com#top)
– Begin with http:// or https://
Which products should you submit the identifier_exists attribute with a value of no for?
– Used Electronics
– Custom-made clothing
– New books for pre-order
Brian wants to know what would’ve happened if he’d selected different bid amounts in his Shopping campaign. He should:
– Set up enhanced cost-per-click (ECPC) bidding.
– Customize the statistics tables in the Campaign tab.
– Use the priority setting in his Shopping campaign
– Use the Bid Simulator
Anne wants to use her impression share metrics to optimize her shopping campaign. She should:
– Run an Auction insights report to compare her impression shares to those of her competitors.
– Set negative keywords in her campaign.
– Increase her impression share by setting her bids lower on her campaign.
– Set the delivery method on her campaign to standard.
What optimization recommendation might you make to a new client with Shopping Campaigns that don’t include all of the products the company sells?
– Create a separate campaign for all products and subdivide the inventory using custom label attributes, then bid by item ID for the items not included in other campaigns.
– Create a separate campaign with low priority, and create 1 product group for all products and assign it a low bid.
– Create a separate campaign with a high priority, and create 1 product group for all products and assign it a high bid.
– Create a separate campaign for all products and subdivide the inventory based on products that are already being advertised, then assign these products a low bid.
Quincy wants to make sure that he meets the Google Shopping Policy to accurately represent his business or product. Which action should he take on his website to meet the policy?
– Show clearly the payment model and full price that a person shopping online would be charged before and after the purchase.
– Describe some of the conditions related to the purchase before and after the purchase.
– Advertise products or promotional offers that aren’t available to people shopping online
– Claim credentials for his business that he hasn’t finalized yet.
You can use custom labels in a product data feed to:
– Tag products you’d like to group in a Shopping campaign by values of your choosing.
– Provide additional description information for shoppers in search results.
– Add supplemental image URLs
– Submit product brand descriptions.
True or False: Shopping ads can appear at the same time as text ads, allowing shoppers to find the best match before clicking through to make a purchase.
After segmenting your client’s conversion data for a Shopping campaign, you see that mobile is driving 10 percent of sales. What should you do to optimize the campaign for this client, a children’s clothing retailer that sells its merchandise online and in stores?
– Set a mobile bid adjustment that accounts for the amount in sales that mobile is driving.
– Create separate shopping campaigns for desktop and mobile, budgeting the same amount for each campaign.
– Create a separate Shopping Campaign for mobile targeted to locations where your client has a physical store.
– Set a desktop bid adjustment that accounts for the amount in sales that mobile is driving.
True or False: If Viola signs up to run Shopping ads but doesn’t post a refund policy on her website, she can’t run ads.