In this article, we’ll cover Google Analytics plugins for WordPress. We describe the pros and cons of each of them and choose the best.
What is Google Analytics & why do you need a Google Analytics plugin?
Google Analytics is a free analytics service. It can be used on several sites and view all statistics from one interface.
Google Analytics provides statistical reports that you can use to track links, conduct A / B testing, track user engagement, and more.
Using the Google Analytics plugin, you can:
- Find out where referral traffic comes from.
- Segment your audience – create custom campaigns for specific segments of your audience.
- Track campaign performance.
- Create and track conversion goals.
- Analyze and improve content marketing – with the help of Google Analytics you can find out what keywords your site is ranked in search results.
Now let's move on to the list of the best Google Analytics plugins for WordPress:
This is the most popular Google Analytics plugin for WordPress. It has been installed by more than 2 million users.
The plugin allows you to quickly configure even the most advanced features of Google Analytics. Just open the MonsterInsights dashboard in WordPress to get access to all the analytics you need.
The plug-in extension for WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads and MemberPress allows you to monitor indicators such as conversion rate, transactions and average order value with one click.
EU Compliance allows you to:
- Anonymize IP data sent to Google Analytics;
- Disable demographic and affinity reports for remarketing and advertising.
- Disable UserID and author name tracking.
- Use Cookie Notice and CookieBot to obtain user consent before tracking.
- Use the Google AMP Consent Box before enabling tracking.
- Offer an Easy Opt-Out link to track Google Analytics.
MonsterInsights also comes with an add-on that makes it easy to track form views, submissions and their custom reports.
Other plugin features:
- The ability to track users across devices and platforms.
- Integration of Google Analytics with instant Facebook articles.
- Track ads performance on Google AdSense.
- Track affiliate links.
- Tracking user actions on the site – placing outgoing links, downloading files, clicking CTA elements, etc.
- Manage multi-user access to the Google Analytics dashboard.
ExactMetrics is one of the best free Google Analytics plugins for WordPress. It has been installed more than 1 million times.
The plugin displays the following analytic metrics in WordPress:
- Sessions and pageviews.
- Positions in search results.
- Bounce rates.
- Errors 404.
- Channels of receipt of traffic.
And also to carry out advanced data collection, such as events (downloads, page scrolling duration, etc.) and custom parameters (author, publication year, etc.).
The ExactMetrics plugin is completely free and well supported.
Analytify is easy to install and allows you to view Google Analytics reports directly in the WordPress admin panel.
With it, you can also get statistics for each page and publications. And also on custom post types: portfolio, galleries and reviews.
Analytify also contains several add-ons that expand its capabilities:
- Collection of statistics from WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads – these add-ons allow you to track sales, transactions and income.
- Email notifications – allows you to send Google Analytics reports by email.
- Goals – allows you to create and demonstrate goals, as well as their achievement by your customers.
Campaigns is also available to track individual campaigns using UTM settings.
The Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce plugin uses the Google Analytics Ecommerce Tracking feature. It supports all the detailed reports offered by the service.
As well as four new reports included in Enhanced eCommerce:
- Behaviour upon purchase.
- Behaviour when paying.
- Product marketing.
- Sales performance.
Enhanced Ecommerce Google Analytics is a reliable and free Google Analytics plugin that provides the statistical information needed to promote an online store based on WooCommerce.
The plugin allows you to set and manage goals, create custom reports, and view statistics in the WordPress admin panel.
The plugin also integrates with Google Ads, Google AdSense and provides important data on ongoing advertising campaigns.
Other features of the plugin:
- E-Commerce Reporting.
- Alerts when metrics reach specified points.
- Email distribution of reports.
- Export reports in CSV format.
- Exclude specific users, locations, or IP addresses.
The plugin allows you to use the Google Analytics tracking code on all pages of a WordPress site. And also turn off tracking of admin users to get more accurate statistics.
But as for the functionality, there is nothing more special in this plugin. More features are provided by the paid version of the extension.
WP Statistics is free and easy to install a plugin that displays statistics and graphics right in the WordPress toolbar.
It allows you to track data about visitors: IP-address, browser, operating system, country and city. And also track redirects from search engines.
WP Statistics supports WordPress roles, allows you to export data in XML, CSV, TSV formats and send summary statistics by e-mail.
The disadvantage of this plugin is that it stores statistics in WordPress. Over time, this can increase the size of your site’s backup.
The plugin allows you to track events in Google Analytics that occur when a visitor goes to a specific page of a site or clicks on a specific element.
Here are just a few examples of what you can do with the WP Google Analytics Events plugin:
- Track page navigation.
- Compare the performance of CTA buttons.
- Find out what percentage of visitors read the post to the end.
- Track the conversion of contact forms.
It is important to remember that this plugin is intended only for tracking events. Therefore, to collect statistics on the site will require another extension.
Our Recommendation: which is the best Google Analytics plugin for WordPress?
MonsterInsights is the best Google Analytics plugin for WordPress. It offers a wide range of features, professional support and allows you to access all statistics without leaving the WordPress admin panel.
If you're looking for the best free Google Analytics plugin for WordPress, we highly recommend ExactMetrics.