It not only attracts traffics to the site but also to popularize the brand, working directly with the target audience and customers. Demand for it is growing. But offers for all types of site and company promotion services on social networks (or promotion of existing groups) are growing even faster.
The promotion of the groups in social networks is a fashionable modern trend.
But, as with SEO, there are many pitfalls. So, you decided to promote the group in social networks (for example, Facebook ). Where to begin? Firstly, with setting goals (what do you want to get from this group) and means of achieving them (interesting content, audience). No matter what reasonable task you set for yourself, one of the main links will be the audience of the group. It should be targeted, voluminous, active.
You can attract a user to a social network in various ways, for example:
- Buying users.
- Installing plugins on the site.
- Contextual advertising on social networks.
- Partnership with other groups/communities.
- Buying groups.
Perhaps this method can be attributed to being the most popular. Why waste time and effort instead of getting many users in a short span of time from social media groups. However, until recently, the service of buying bots (non-existent users) flourished. For several hundred rupees, tens of thousands of “friends” could be bought. This way of “promotion” is useless. In fact, there are 0 people in the group, because the bots do not know how to “speak”, “call”, or buy. ”
Facebook management does not accept this method of promotion. And in the spring of 2012, it released data on companies trading in wrap-around bots of client groups. To combat cheaters, bots in such groups were automatically deleted.
But this only encouraged spammers to find new methods of wrapping. For example, today, more and more often, Facebook users unexpectedly discover that they are in groups unknown to them.
Stimulating contests to attract people to a group has also become quite popular. Such contests should be interesting. Encourage users to significant meaningful gifts (for example, gadgets). An important factor is working out – the desire for a “freebie.”
It is important to think about the competition strategy correctly! Assignments should be interesting, answers – unexpected, results – unpredictable, prizes … Prizes are not cheap trinkets. Do not forget that the competition must solve predetermined tasks and achieve its goals. A good contest works like word of mouth. At minimal cost, you can achieve a large reach of the target audience.
Installing plugins on the site
This is the most elementary way to begin work on attracting an audience to a group. If a company promoting its name or services on social networks has a website, then it must be used. Namely: to help the audience of the site settle in your groups. Thus, the “one-time” user of the site can be regularly “processed” (to inform and interest) in the group.
How can you direct the audience of your site to the pages of your groups on social networks:
- Social media buttons leading to the company’s official pages. Direct access to the group or to the official page.
- Share button (set on news pages or property cards). Separate information from the site will be automatically published in the user’s message feed. It will not give direct traffic to the group, however, some of the friends of this user can return via the link to the site and use other options to get to your pages on social networks.
- A commenting system from Facebook. Comments on the site are a standard form of communication. But thanks to the capabilities of social networks, most commentators can be identified by their profiles. In turn, they will inadvertently distribute links to the site in their feeds. Therefore, their friends can return to the site and convert to group users through other plugins on the site. The user must be a registered and authorized member of the social network.
- Likes. The buttons are similar to “Share.” Depending on the topic, the degree of “advancement”, the coverage of social media and the placements of widgets, the percentage of “subsidence” of users in groups may vary. Joining a group is voluntary, but you can influence it. And you get a live and target audience.
Contextual advertising on social networks
The launch of contextual advertising on social networks was a real breakthrough in the field of advertising on the Internet. Here targeting system is a tidbit for many advertisers.
When creating an advertising campaign, the advertiser is invited to select the desired audience by age, gender, geography, education, interests, positions, keywords, etc. Subject to the creation of high-quality, interesting, enticing ads using media opportunities, you will receive an effective “bait” for visiting the group by the target audience.
As in traditional contextual advertising, there is a dependence of the click price on the CTR. The more popular your ad, the lower the price, and vice versa. You’ll have to fantasize a lot about the content, rotate several campaigns at the same time and track their effectiveness. If successful, you can reduce the starting initial bid by more than 2 times.
However, the user’s transfer to the group’s page does not at all mean his subsequent conversion into a regular visitor or long-term stay in the group. This will depend on how well you set traps (for example, the relevance of the advertisement to the content of the page, the information content and the interest of the content, and much more).
This method requires certain financial costs, which will depend on the degree of professionalism of the specialist promoting the group and the plan for audience growth.
Partnership with other groups/communities
This method may include various types of interactions with third-party group administrators. To begin with, decide what kind of groups they should be (by topic, audience cut-off, etc.). The group should be visited, lively and regularly updated.
How you will cooperate depends on what you agree with the administration. If your group loses significantly in the number of participants, then most likely the partnership will be paid. But barter is also possible.
Why create if you can buy it. To do this, we are looking for suitable finished projects, evaluate and begin to agree. Carefully evaluate the ratio of estimated costs for the promotion of the group and the cost of the finished product.
Which method is better?
Naturally, the above methods are just an incomplete list of all the possibilities of social marketing within the framework of group promotion. If your company’s group has a purely nominal presentation character (“to be”) and you are not afraid of the sanctions that may be undertaken by moderators of a social network, then you can use any method.
If it is important for you to unite your potential and current customers, their opinion and attitude towards your product are important, then we do not recommend chasing quantitative indicators. Let there be only a few hundred or thousands of people in the group, but they should be true adherents of your brand.
And do not forget the below:
- Track the mention of you on social networks.
- Respond not only to negative, but also positive reviews.
- Encourage those who have spoken well about you.