To succeed in digital marketing and marketing in general, you have to be proactive. This means that you need to be aware of the following important events, the latest achievements and tendencies which will probably be significant over the next 12 months.
In order to help you properly start your digital year, we have prepared a list of digital marketing trends you need to know and integrate into your marketing strategy in 2020.
Marketing life cycle: the stages of the life cycle allow you to gather information for each stage on the way of the buyer. Monitoring of these stages and transitions between them can help you to identify gaps in the funnel of marketing and sales, and to make informed decisions for the development of your company.
The lifecycle marketing and demand generation are very similar: both seek to promote potential customers through the funnel. But demand generation requires a broader and more holistic approach and lifecycle marketing focuses on the management of each stage of the life cycle and transitions between them.
Personalized marketing: According to statistics, companies using personalized marketing are seeing an increase in sales of +19%.
Over the past few years, many brands have concentrated their efforts on marketing technology investments for data analysis. However, the monitoring of customer behaviour based on data is just the beginning of a continuous process, allowing to understand, how to provide a personalized experience with customers. After analyzing the data, we can offer the customer a product or service most relevant to his search, make personalized offers. The analysis of behavioural interests allows you to most accurately determine the need of the user to offer him a product that he's looking for, uses, has a pent-up demand, etc.
Marketing trends in social networks: We also examined the trends of marketing in social networks to which we need to be ready in 2020.
Like last year, Instagram and Facebook will be the main focus for most marketing strategies in 2020. To a lesser extent will use other social platforms: Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, Snapchat and TikTok. It is expected that there will be increased marketing activity on Instagram because:
- Instagram has proved itself as a successful platform for brand building and other objectives of marketing and sales
- Advertising and marketing content in Instagram will only increase in 2020 Competition in Instagram will be higher If you are planning to go on Instagram in 2020, whether through advertising or organic content, make sure that you spent time creating something truly impressive, not to lose to competitors.
- The content type is chosen based on marketing objectives. Targeted advertising and internal (organic) content to be the centre of attention. But other forms of content (such as posts with influential persons, UGC, Live Video) are almost equally important.
- Ads and internal organic content are becoming increasingly interactive: 360 videos, widgets, publishing AR quiz.
- Product placement. In the last few decades, product placement has matured and become more sophisticated. Branded products are no longer just “are”; they are woven into entertainment content, creating stronger emotional connections with consumers. The result is a concept that the advertising industry calls branded entertainment, convergence entertainment and advertising. Especially in social networks (publications, go to the catalogue, shop on Facebook, the detailed description of the goods, mark the goods in the posts, etc.
- Customer service social networking is the practice of supporting consumers through social networks such as Facebook and Twitter to meet customers where they are, and quick to answer questions. 69% of customers believe that a quick solution is vital for a good service that makes social customer support is invaluable. It is obvious that social networking sites have turned into something more than a new platform for marketing and advertising. Especially given the introduction of Facebook and Instagram marketplace Shopping.
Content marketing: comprehensive and intuitive themed experience while achieving business goals.
Know what you need:
- Understand who your audience is, how and what they are looking for. Understand that they need to find or what problems they want to solve.
- Give them solutions or answers in the formats that they prefer using high quality and authoritative content.
- To do so at each stage of user navigation create a satisfactory thematic experience that will serve their needs.
Marketing influence: remains in the trend in 2020. and, if earlier, for the promotion of the involved persons with millions of subscribers now, marketing effects used a person with thousands of followers.
A kind of “word of mouth” on the Internet. Especially effective is a niche product or service. The main principle – target profile and target audience of subscribers. Facebook, Instagram and YouTube regularly implement restrictions to reduce “stranded” subscribers and tools transparent statistics on the profile.
VR and AR reality: AR (augmented reality) makes the real environment around us in the digital interface by placing virtual objects in real-time.
Augmented reality uses your existing environment and overlays on top of new information, in contrast to virtual reality, which creates a completely artificial environment. Recent developments have made the technology available to the AR using the smartphone that led to the development of a wide range of applications of augmented reality. Brands are actively using and will use virtual and augmented reality. For example, the augmented reality app IKEA Place allows you to visualize the furniture in the apartment before buying.
Email marketing: still remains as viable as before. According to Oberlo the profitability of email marketing in February 2019 amounted to 3200%.
There are, however, experts mark, that the numbers are slowing down or stagnating. Instead of having to abandon this fruitful channel, digital marketers are reviving it with new attributes. In recent years we have seen a decline in emails and newsletters. In their place is gorgeous, perfectly illustrated e-mails that look at the portfolio of the web designer. In email marketing now and 2020, use emails that look and function like web pages including interactive buttons and other interaction. Such designs not just impressive, they improve conversion. Readers often click on stylized buttons with accompanying images than normal text links. Your successful campaign with stunning visuals and UX-oriented design. Considering the above-mentioned return on investment, you should make sure your emails are so attractive and beautiful as possible.
Contextual advertising: Artificial intelligence algorithms and machine learning are designed to simplify your work, including to optimize an advertising campaign on the Internet.
Advertising, buying media, tracking performance and customer orientation can be handled by the software. Not only that, the results will be accurate, but “outsourcing” these tasks to the bot also frees up time in your schedule for more important tasks. This is automation at its best. Software such as Adobe Marketing Cloud or SmartyAds will help you navigate the online advertising. Bets in real-time can be stressful and time-consuming, as well as a suitable way to advertise. The transfer of these tasks, the automated system may be optimal both for you and for your business. Can robots completely replace human resources? The robot is to gather data and then act according to the known algorithm is to generate ideas, formulate advertising messages to analyze campaigns to target and give recommendations for optimization needs professional PPC specialist.
Blogging: The continuous success of YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat Stories, video blogs have become more popular than ever.
Unlike other types of videos, such as videos explanations, or short films, Vlogs are more personal and direct. Vloggers (Video Loggers) communicate directly with the audience (PewDiePie style), creating a more personal and direct connection, which undoubtedly is a boon for marketers trying to establish stronger relationships with their customers.
Are You Ready for Digital Marketing in 2020?
Paradoxically, the future trend of digital marketing in 2020 will be more human and more mechanical. It seems that the general trend of digital marketing is aimed at more personal relations with more targeted niches, but the means to create these relations rely on automation and new technology. The essence of digital marketing remains the same – to give people what they want, when and where they want it.
And last but not least, marketers in 2020 welcomed the last group of consumers – generation Z. Those born in the early 21st century, now 18 years old, and they are active buyers. Some sources even claim that Generation Z will make up 40% of all consumers in 2020. Among other things, marketing to Gen Z indicates a sharp turn in styling your content. The young market is also the most whimsical, with flavours that may seem strange if you are used to selling Boomers or Generation X. If Gen Z is one of your best markets, here is a shortlist of common values that should be borne in mind:
Authenticity: growing up in the Internet age of misinformation, Gen Z is very sensitive to authenticity and can sense a phoney a kilometre – avoid excessive advertising approaches and instead choose transparency.
Diversity: most diverse generation that values this diversity in the video and the images that they see on the Internet.
Sense of humour:– GenZ humour has its own personality and characteristics. If you do not personally own it, hire someone who he is. Marketers have noted the similarities between Gen Z and Millennials, but, as the market for Gen Z will be more meaningful over the next few years (in many ways), plan marketing strategy, taking into account this fact.