Google AdWords Mobile Ads Exam Study Guide
Google AdWords certification is a process by which Google recognizes marketers as experts in online advertising. After passing two AdWords certification exams, individuals get a personalized certificate and appear on a Google Partners public profile page.
With a business in an eligible country, advertisers can use website call conversions to track calls to a Google Forwarding number on their site from users who arrived there from any source.
The path to conversion on mobile is not the same as on desktop or tablet due to ALL of the following EXCEPT:
– Differing screen size
For someone who wants to run a Display Network campaign, which tool is best suited for providing targeting ideas and estimates?
– Display Planner
– Display Ad Builder
– Display Ad Preview and Diagnosis
– Display Keyword Planner
How do upgraded URLs help advertisers with 3rd party conversion tracking?
– Manage a single tracking URL at the campaign, ad group or ad level that is separate from the landing page URL
– Show app install ads only to people who haven’t downloaded the app yet
– Show deep link URLs only to people who already have the app
– Allow advertisers to direct users to the app store to download their app
iOS App Install confirmation is a feedback mechanism which enables customers to receive confirmation from Google every time an iOS app install event can be attributed to an AdWords ad click or view. Why would an advertiser use this solution?
– The advertiser is using an in-house or third party app analytics system.
– This is the only available method of conversion tracking for iOS
– The advertiser wants to count calls as conversions
– The advertiser is interested in cross–device conversions
A(n) ____________ gives your app users the ability to open your app directly from other apps by clicking a link. To give your app users the ability to open your app directly from other apps by clicking a link, you should use:
– app index
– custom deep link
– location extension
– website deep link
App remarketing allows you to target people who:
– Have used your app before
– Have searched for your app
– Have searched for apps similar to yours
– Have never used your app before
Which of the following is true about apps?
– Apps and mobile optimized sites are the same thing
– One a user downloads an app, they are likely to return and engage with it.
– Apps are more geared towards retentions, loyalty and engagement
– Apps are more geared towards acquisition purposes
What is an app engagement ad?
– Customized ad shown to users who already have the app in order to drive them back to the app
– An app extensions which shows a link to your app below your ad
– A templated “engagement” image ad which allows you to add more text or information to your ad
The mobile video Masthead is a homepage ad similar to the desktop video Masthead and will appear on the homepage of all of the YouTube mobile and tablet properties, including _____.
– the Android mobile app and m.youtube.com
– both the iOS and Android mobile apps
– the Android native mobile app, the iOS app, and m.youtube.com
– reserve in-stream ads
To re-engage users with an app, use the following strategies:
– Build remarketing lists, engage in proactive outreach, offer something unique, use deep linking, and track everything beyond installs to understand your most valuable users
– Build remarketing lists, engage in reactive outreach, offer something free, and don’t track anything outside of installs
– Build general email lists, engage in reactive outreach, don’t use deep linking, and don’t track outside of installs
– Build remarketing lists, engage in reactive outreach, use deep linking, and track outside of installs for your most valuable users
The codeless conversion tracking solution is usually recommended for app downloads on Android OS over SDK or server to server solution when speed and ease of implementation is a priority.
You can use the Mobile App Overview report to do which of the following?
– Review the code for your app and SDKs
– Assess the general health of your app and to follow data trends
– Review data about your users’ names, addresses, and income brackets
– Gain insights into your competitor’s strategies
Which is a benefit of using server-to-server app conversion tracking over an SDK?
– If not implemented correctly, adding the SDK and conversion tracking code could result in bugs in the app
– Server-to-server connections are easier to set up than code-less conversion tracking
– Adding SDK and conversion tracking changes to your app doesn’t require review by the Google Play Store
– Adding multiple SDKs for various advertising or analytics platforms have no impact on app code file-size
To find the right mobile bid, you would calculate:
– (mobile conversion rate / desktop conversion rate) x 100
– (desktop conversion rate/ mobile conversion rate) – 1
– (mobile conversion rate / desktop conversion rate) + 1
– (mobile conversion rate / desktop conversion rate) – 1
When should an advertiser use an app extension instead of an app promotion ad?
– With keywords intended to direct users to the mobile website, but still give the option to download the app
– To run your ad on both Search and Display
– To re-engage with users who have already downloaded the app
– With keywords intended to drive app download, but still give the option to visit the mobile website
An advertiser would NOT use AdWords’ mobile offering to:
– Build a mobile-optimized website
– Engage with users who have already downloaded their app
– Track conversions once a user downloads their app
– Advertise their app
According to a Nielsen study, what percentage of purchase-related conversions happened within an hour of the mobile searches that initiated them?
Showrooming refers to:
– The phenomenon which turns brick and mortar stores into showroom apps for mobile users
– The phenomenon where brands sell specialty or limited quantity goods through mobile
– The phenomenon where various brands within similar categories complete for brand placement on a mobile device
– The phenomenon which turns brick and mortar stores into showrooms for products which are then purchased online or via mobile
With YouTube Mastheads you can get 100% share of voice, not just on the desktop YouTube site, but also across screens with:
– The YouTube mobile site and Google Play App
– The YouTube mobile site and the YouTube app
– Video Search on Google
– The AdWords mobile site and YouTube app
Which of the following is a way for an advertiser to monetize their app?
– Charging for app downloads from the Apple iTunes or Google Play store
– All of the listed answers are correct
– In-app purchases
– In-app ads
Which flexible bid strategy might help improve the chances that your ad gets to the top of the page?
Which automated bid strategy might help improve the chances that your ad gets to the top of the page?
– Target outranking share
– Target cost-per-acquisition (CPA)
– Target search page location
– Target return on ad spend (ROAS)
To track conversion in an app, you can add the AdWords Conversion Tracking SDK to your app. SDK stands for:
– Schema Development Key
– Software Deprecation Kit
– Software Development Kit
– Schema Development Kit
A mobile app is an application that can be downloaded and installed on your mobile device or rendered within a browser.
What is an app install ad?
– A type of targeting used to match your ads to sites or pages based on the keywords or topics you’ve chosen
– An ad format for advertisers to re-engage with users who have already downloaded the app
– A templated way to create text, banner, image, and interstitial ads driving users to the Google Play store
– An app extension which shows a link to your app below your ad
Select the one way NOT to track app conversions.
– Using an app analytics provider for your AdWords campaigns
– Integrate the Google SDK in your app
– Using Codeless Android Install tracking
Assuming you are not using any bid adjustment and you value mobile traffic over desktop, which bid adjustment should you set?
– Increase bid adjustment for mobile
– Increase bid adjustment for tablets
– Increase bid adjustment for desktop
– Increase bid adjustment for mobile and desktop
Usage data allows advertisers to:
– Change bid adjustments based on mobile traffic
– Create remarketing lists based on how frequently or infrequently a customer is using their app
– Create a conversion tracking list and add it to their app
– Add the conversion tracking tag to their app
_______ are a type of ad format that show extra information about your business.
– App installs
– Ad extensions
– Deep link
– Ad extensions
Call conversions, which can be tracked by businesses in eligible countries, can help advertisers understand the value that calls from their ads are driving by counting calls of a minimum duration to a Google forwarding number as conversions.
An app developer might use remarketing if they wanted to promote a paid version of their game to all users of the free version who reached Level 10 of the game.
When conversion data shows that mobile drives more value, you would _____ your mobile bid. When conversion data shows that desktop drives more value, you would ______ your mobile bid.
– lower, lower
– raise, lower
– lower, raise
– raise, raise
Mobile presents an opportunity for a more targeted marketing message because you have an understanding of context such as time, location, and proximity of the customer.
iOS app conversion tracking cannot be set up using:
– Install confirmation feedback
– Server-to-server (S2S)
– Codeless conversion tracking
Which of the following is true about apps?
– Once a customer downloads an app, they will be likely to return
– Most smartphone users download apps on a weekly basis
– The majority of Android apps have been downloaded
– The number of app installs on Android tablet is increasing
Showing your ads on top of the mobile page in search results is beneficial because:
– Ads above the results get more prominent notice with desktop screens. There are also no ads on the right-hand side of the results on mobile.
– Ads below the results get more prominent notice with smaller mobile screens. There are also ads on the right-hand side of the results on mobile.
– Ads above the results get more prominent notice with larger mobile screens. There are also no ads on the right-hand side of the results on mobile.
– Ads above the results might get more prominent notice with smaller mobile screens. There are also no ads on the right-hand side of the results on mobile.
If your campaign is running on the Display Network, your ads:
– Are not eligible to show in mobile apps
– Will only show on mobile apps that you select
– Are automatically eligible to show in mobile apps
– Are only eligible to show in specific mobile apps
To understand the full value of mobile, you must take into account:
– Mobile conversions
– Utilization of mobile ad formats, extensions, app and mobile site design best practices
– App downloads, calls, store visits, cross device conversion, mobile conversions
– Cross device and mobile conversions
Which of the following is NOT a type of mobile ad extension?
– Sitelink extension
– Download extension
– Call extension
– App extension
– Allow advertisers to give users the option to land directly on specific pages of your site.
– Allow targeted remarketing list users to land directly on specific pages of your site.
– Show your business address, phone number and a map marker with your ad text.
– Decrease click through rates (CTR) as users are sent to specific pages of your site.
AdWords cross-device conversions don’t:
– track from mobile to desktop conversions; they only track desktop to mobile conversions
– help advertisers understand the device that received the last ad click before the conversion
– help advertisers track conversions that couldn’t be tracked before in AdWords since they were attributed to another non-AdWords channel like organic search or direct
– track from desktop to mobile conversions; they only track mobile to desktop conversions
Where can app ads run?
– Within other apps, also known as in-app
– Only on the Google Play store
– Across Display, Search, and YouTube
– Only on Admob
________ is a tool that can show you what happens after a customer clicks on your ads; whether they made a purchase, downloaded an app, or called your business.
– Keyword planner
– App extensions
– Conversion tracking
Which of the following is true about mobile optimized sites?
– You should build your app before your mobile site
– Visitors to your mobile-optimized site will be at the same point in the purchase funnel as visitors to your desktop site
– Mobile websites should only focus on task-based functionality, i.e. be a stripped-down version of the desktop site
– Mobile-friendly experiences typically feature easy navigation, quick-to-load images, and streamlined text.
Admob is ____.
– An ad extension
– A custom deep link an app promotion ad format
– AdWords’ non-owned and operated mobile app inventory
– An app promotion ad format
Automatic bidding is ideal for advertisers who:
– Want to save time managing bids based on hundreds of signals
– Want to set their own bids for individual ad groups
– Want to set their own bids for individual keywords
– Don’t want to spend a lot of time managing keywords
– Ads to direct new customers only into deeper, more targeted sections of the app
– Desktop users to be able to access deeper, more targeted sections within a mobile app
– Mobile and desktop users to navigate within a mobile app
– Ads to direct customers into deeper, more targeted sections of the app.
What is a lightbox ad?
– A type of ad format that shows extra information (“extending” from your text ads) about your business
– A mobile text ad
– A cross-screen expandable ad format that optimizes for taps/swipes on mobile and mouse-overs/clicks on desktops.
– A remarketing specific ad format to announce new features of your app
When you use a flexible bid strategy, it will automatically optimize your bids based on:
– Your performance KPI (Key Performance Indicator)
– Your quality score
– Your search term data
– Your remarketing list
50% of purchase-related conversions happened within ______ of the mobile searches that initiated them.
– three hours
– two hours
– one hour
– Allow you to only pay for those ads that are actually viewed
– Allow you to pay for ads when they are displayed in a viewable position
– Allow you to only pay for video ads that are viewed within an hour
– Allow you to pay for ads that are viewed and also converted
What will you need before you can set up conversion tracking for calls from an ad or from a website (assuming Google forwarding numbers are available in your country)?
– A sales team and operating phone bank
– An active call extension or call-only ad
– A mobile specific site-link extension
– An app published in the Google Play store
A ______ specifies a location in an app that corresponds to the content you’d like to show.
– remarketing link
– deep link
– location link
– location extension
App Downloads are conversions that are tracked when a user downloads or installs a mobile application for the first time.
What time of day does mobile usage generally peak?
– During working hours
– Morning and evening when people are commuting to work
– Evening hours when people are at home
– Spread evenly throughout the day
The Mobile App Acquisition reports provide data for which of the following?
– How many times your mobile apps was installed and opened.
– How users spend time outside of your app
– The type of targeting that has the lowest cost–per–acquisition
– How much data your app has acquired
To connect Firebase to Google Analytics, which of these is required?
– Google Analytics account access and a new property for your mobile app
– A working knowledge of mobile click attribution technologies
– More than 100 app installs or conversions
– At least 1 app install or conversion
In AdWords, you can create and manage video campaigns targeting mobile devices by using:
– Masthead video campaigns
– mobile app engagement campaigns
– video campaigns
– mobile app installs campaigns
Auto exclusions allow:
– Google’s mobile app promotion template ads to be automatically excluded from showing to users who have already downloaded the advertiser’s app.
– Google advertisers to exclude automatic bidding within their mobile app
– Google advertisers to exclude high install pricing
– Google’s mobile app promotion template ads to automatically include showing to users who have already downloaded the advertiser’s app
The two types of conversions for YouTube on mobile are:
– Promotion views and engagement views
– Promotion views and view-through conversions
– Download views and engagement conversions
– Conversions and view-through conversions
An app advertiser would want to use a third-party tracking company to:
– To have a single SDK to add to your app instead of one from each ad network
– To have more control when communicating with each ad network
– To see which of an app’s new users came from recent advertising clicks or views
– To receive reporting on basic usage analytics
The Mobile App Behavior reports provide data for:
– how many downloads were referrals from friends
– in-app user satisfaction ratings
– details about how users interact with other users of your app
– interactions such as screen views, exits, and crashes
An advertiser with stores throughout the country could use Location Extension Targeting to:
– Target users in the same way across all of their locations
– Decrease bids by 50% for users who are within 10 miles of their stores
– Target users who are within 20 miles of one particular city in the country
– Target users who are within 10 miles of one particular city in the country
True or false: Firebase can reduce complication for advertisers by providing them only one SDK to track all traffic sources, including ad networks.
To show an ad, which is eligible to appear on search partner sites, on the mobile version of Google Maps, you should use:
– product extensions
– location extensions
– mobile extensions
– store visit extensions
If you want to reach certain categories of apps with in-app display ads, or if you know the apps you want to target, you should:
– Go to “Campaign Exclusions” from the Display Network tab
– Create a Display Network campaign targeted to mobile apps
– Enable Active View reporting
– Create a placement inclusion for mobile apps
Target cost-per-acquisition (CPA), which factors in auction-time signals including device, location, time of day, remarketing list, language, and operating system, automatically optimizes bids across:
– search and display inventory to help advertisers reach their desired cost-per-install goal
– search and display inventory to help advertisers reach their desired cost-per-impression goal
– search and display inventory to help advertisers reach their desired cost-per-click (CPC) goal
– search inventory to help advertisers reach their desired cost-per-install goal
You can use a mobile specific display URL to:
– Show consumers that you are a large brand
– Differentiate yourself from other advertisers
– Indicate that you have a mobile-friendly landing page
– Effectively track conversions to your desktop site
Which of the following is NOT true about an app URL scheme?
– Typically the website name appears in reverse; e.g., example.com becomes com.example as a scheme
– Schemes are automatically set up when you create your app
– The scheme is a part of the link that identifies which app to open
– You can use “http” or a custom scheme that can start with the app or website name
Many successful mobile sites have large “touch targets” for clicking that take into account.
– location where mobile is being used
– time of day
– the lack of precision on a touch screen
– responsive design based on touch
For shopping advertising examination question and answers -> https://skartecedu.in/google-shopping-advertising-exam/
For fundamentals examination question and answers -> https://skartecedu.in/google-adwords-fundamentals-exams/