Marketing audit of a site is a set of works aimed at analyzing the technical optimization of the site, analyzing the strengths and weaknesses of the company in comparison with its main competitors, as well as analyzing the company's reputation on the Internet.
Implementing the recommendations received will help
- Develop a promotion strategy that matches your goals
- Attract more potential customers to the site
- Increase site position in search results
- Determine how to increase the number of applications from the site
- Identify your competitive advantages and outperform competitors
- Increase company recognition, customer loyalty
How will you work on your marketing audit project?
Analysis of commercial factors: At this stage, a comparative analysis of the customer’s site and competitors' proposals for compliance with the requirements of search engines is carried out. The analysis takes into account factors that affect the credibility of your company, for example:
- The presence of photos of employees, confirmation of their professional education, work experience – increases the level of trust among site visitors;
- The presence of reviews about the company on the most popular sites – how the company reacts to reviews of satisfied / dissatisfied customers, shows the company's interest in its customers, builds a reputation;
- A comparative analysis of the assortment of the company and competitors reveals weaknesses and strengths, demonstrates opportunities for competition in the market;
- Pre-sale service – indicating a phone number with a free line on the site is one of the ranking factors that can improve the site’s position in search results. And the presence of a multi-channel line will simultaneously serve and not lose potential customers;
- Determination of delivery methods, minimum order amount for free delivery of goods and others;
- Indication of possible payment methods – the ability to pay for an order to a courier through the terminal, payment for goods by credit card or other online payment systems;
- The content of the price in product listings. Displaying the benefits of purchasing the goods: the initial price and the discount price without the need for the user to take additional steps to view the cost;
- Search scope visibility. If the search area is outside the scope of viewing the screen, site visitors may have difficulty finding goods/services, therefore, users may leave the resource and not make a purchase;
- The presence of a mobile version of the site / adaptive layout. The presence of an adaptive website design affects usability from mobile devices, and sites with a mobile/adaptive version appear higher in mobile search;
- Checkout. Studying the convenience and simplicity of ordering goods/services on the site, identifying “barriers” due to which the user may not complete the purchase.
- Competitive landscape analysis: At this stage, competitors are analyzed, their strengths and weaknesses are analyzed, as well as your presence and visibility in the market.
Promotion Channel Analysis: In this block, a study of many indicators is carried out:
- What promotion channels does the company use
- Which product groups are promoting
- Geography of visitors
- Does seasonality exist and how does this affect customer demand
- The traffic is analyzed (dynamics, market and competitor trends, advertising and non-advertising traffic)
- Traffic quality (number of pages viewed, average bounce rate)
- Attendance / Conversion Ratio
- Customer acquisition cost
- Feedback analysis: The analysis of user requests from all forms of feedback on the site, orders (including repeated) and the average check of the order.
- Analysis of company reputation on the Internet: It analyzes the visibility of the site in search results for brand queries, all reviews of the company on the Internet and the general reputation background
- Analysis of the quality of content on the site: The content of the site, the number of created and placed marketing materials, and the number of promotions and competitions held are analyzed
Auditing a group of problems for the host site: At this stage, technical problems are identified that can adversely affect the operation of the site and its promotion in search engines:
- Site loading speed
- Load testing – the maximum number of visitors is determined at which the site works correctly
- Checks the correctness of the encoding of pages and files, the correctness of server responses
- Auditing a group of meta tags and site title issues: The purpose of this is to verify the correct use of meta tags on the site, their presence on the pages of the site, their appropriate use and information content. Correctly written headings and meta tags help search engines determine the relevance of pages and have an impact on the formation of a snippet – presentation of a site page in search results.
- Audit on a group of sanctions issues: The purpose of this is to identify filters of search engines superimposed on the site, as well as timely identification of factors due to which the site may fall under the filters.
Audit for a group of technical problems: The correctness and relevance of the sitemap.xml file, which contains information for indexing the site by search engines, is checked. Also, an analysis is made of the availability of possible options for duplicate pages, the presence, and correctness of navigation chains, micro-marking of data on the site.
- Issues related to the human-readable URL. The presence on the site of user-friendly web page addresses that briefly reflect the content of the page helps users navigate the site, and the presence of the product name in the web address of the page is used by search engines to rank pages
- Problems associated with setting up semantic/ schema markup. The presence of semantic/ schema markup affects the formation of an attractive snippet for users in search engine results, which can positively affect CTR
- Audit on internal linking issues. Solving problems with internal linking will have a positive impact on the indexing of the site by search engine robots, as well as the distribution of static and dynamic weight between the pages of the site, which will have a positive effect on the ranking.