Email marketing can be a business’s best friend. It can help you keep in touch with customers, offer them special deals and update them about new products.
Knowing how to launch an effective email marketing campaign is crucial to its success.
The information and tips from this article can help you create an email marketing campaign that is tailor-made for your business.
Never send out emails that are unsolicited. If you send emails to those who never signed up for them, they are likely to report your messages as spam. Not only is this bad for your reputation, but some ISPs might block your IP address if too many people complain that you are sending unsolicited marketing messages.
Use your email marketing to get your customers more involved with other promotion portals. For example, always give readers several ways to learn more about what every email is discussing. End every email with your contact information and web address, encourage them to share special promotions through Facebook “Like” buttons or direct them to a video that shows them how best to use a new product.
Get creative with your email designs to find out what works best. Send out a few emails with content and links that differ in their fonts and text colour. Play around with image positioning, including buttons and logos. After you’ve sent the emails, find out which ones had the best click-thru rates. Stick with those for the time being, but change it up on occasion to see if you can find a method that works even better. More click-thru rates equate to more sales.
Use colours and fonts that reflect your business and are easy to view. Even if the content is interesting, difficult to read fonts and harsh colours can cause some customers to reject the email, and possibly future ones as well. Use the same colour scheme and fonts for all of your emails.
Avoid adding someone’s email to your list without their permission. Don’t alienate potential customers by sending unsolicited emails. Nothing positive can result from such actions. If your email provider receives numerous complaints, they may decide to drop you as a client.
Keep all of your brandings in your email consistent with your business. Don’t make your email appear as though it belongs to another business. Try to stick with your usual colours, voice, and fonts so that the readers can recognize that the email is from you and so they will read it.
Do not send out rough drafts of your content. Write out what you want to say, and then cut the word count in half and rewrite to fit within your new limit. This generates messages that get to the point. Readers want to spend no more than three paragraphs of time reading your message, and maybe not even that.
The emails you send out as part of your marketing campaign should start out with a welcoming, personalized tone. Include the name of the recipient in the subject line and the opening of the message. This will make your customers feel more receptive to your message and be more likely to patronize your business.
Try getting inspiration from your competitors or other people in your niche. Try signing up for their email campaigns to see what is working for them. This can give you a better idea of what you’re up against and why something may or may not be working for your own campaign.
Avoid using the character string “$$$” in your marketing messages. Many spam messages use this character string either in the subject line or body of their emails. If you use it, people and email servers may treat your emails as if they were spam, too. Your emails may end up ignored or even blocked.
Try using holidays and important events to your advantage in your email marketing campaigns. For instance, if it’s Valentine’s Day, try incorporating things like candy, flowers, hearts and other related imagery or designs. Your readers should enjoy the creativity and festiveness of your messages around special times of the year.
One good tip for developing your emails is to use humour. From the opening line all the way through your content, a little comedy can really attract readers. Everybody loves a good laugh and a funny or amusing email when used appropriately can catch the reader’s attention and make them want to read more.
Offering coupons through your e-mail marketing campaign is a great way to attract subscribers, and also track the success of your campaign. Everyone enjoys receiving discounts, and coupons can also be an effective way to generate sales that otherwise would not happen. Keeping track of how many of your coupon codes are redeemed can also help you determine the effectiveness of your e-mail marketing campaign.
Ensure your email matches your brand. It is important for your customers to instantly recognize who is emailing them, and a great way to do this is by including your company name and logo prominently in the email. You can also employ a colour scheme that matches that of your website to further connect the two mediums of communication.
To get a better response with your email marketing efforts, you want to create emails that look professional. An email that is not professionally done will come across as spam. If your messages are viewed as spam, that is the quickest way to lose potential customers from your subscriber list.
Make sure someone is standing guard over the reply-to email address. If your team is getting responses from customers directed to the address you list, be certain that they are getting prompt responses back from you. They are going to be much happier clientele and more willing to act on your calls to action when they know there are attentive people behind the messages.
It is a fact that email marketing can be one of the best ways to keep in touch with customers, offer them special insider deals and keep them posted about new products that they may be interested in.
The digital channels are developing rapidly on, and there are constantly new technologies. It is not easy to always be on the cutting edge. In this fast-paced digital world, we are increasingly dependent on reliable, effective and accurate software to solve complex problems, giving us a competitive advantage and providing maximum added value for our business. This represents an enormous pressure for companies – and also for the software provider.
With email marketing software, the choice is wide. From simple CSS tool that lets you design your email template, to comprehensive platforms for the implementation of complex, automated and carefully segmented campaigns. How can one make the right choice?
Stay with confidence. Because we will give you a list of the main features by which email marketers should look for when selecting email marketing software.
Why is it so important to use the right email marketing software?
Compared to social, direct marketing and other channels, email has the highest conversion rate. The effectiveness of this channel is very largely due to the use of marketing technology. 82% of companies are now using email marketing software. And 75% or more are expected to buy a marketing automation solution within a year.
The question is how much do companies need to pay if they want to include a provider of technology services to their corporate and marketing strategy?
Fundamental considerations like price, deliverability of emails, usability, scalability and customer service will continue to influence the decision-making process. But in what important ways, the solutions for e-mail marketing differ?
As with any relationship, companies must consider what long-term effects will the software. You need the customer requirements of today to understand – and anticipate tomorrow. You need to recognize problems – and opportunities. You need to distinguish between useful and useless data. And they have to find a provider who can help you with all these points. The right technology makes it easy.
Here I highlight the main features that you should have in your email marketing software:
- Integration– Deliver integrated customer experiences, based on the buying behaviour of your target groups. To respond to all relevant channels in a timely manner to meet the needs of your customers.
- Automation– The right email marketing software delivers new revenue opportunities. 75% of e-mail sales generated by campaigns in which the email is triggered by a specific event ( “triggered campaigns”). Therefore, the automation is a top priority for e-mail marketers. 91% of all successful online marketers say that automation is a key success factor for their marketing across all channels. Use of automation allows marketers to perform an unlimited amount of customer dialogues by individual events – such as trigger for customer loyalty campaigns, registration, purchasing, shipping. Automated programs provide relevant communications at the right time and thus open the door for even closer relations of the company to its customers.
- Personalization– Collect relevant data, derive valuable information from it and communicate it on the basis of these findings, individually – which forms the basis for targeted, personalized dialogues on all channels. If you want to use personalization for your marketing, you should ensure that your technology can process with the speed that is necessary for a true personalization.
- Segmentation– It has long been proven that small, segmented mailings are more effective than large, non-segmented. An analysis of data on the behaviour, demographic and geographic criteria, on each sales stage, the purchase history and the habits and preferences of customers, provides insights that can increase the success of email campaigns considerably. 30% of the e-mail turnover is generated by selectively targeting specific audience segments. Segmented behavioural data provide valuable information from which future buying habits and decision patterns can be derived. Segmentation is a very useful component of good email marketing software.
- Cross-Channel– Another factor for successful marketing is to overcome internal silos. Use the findings from all marketing channels to provide customers with a consistent, seamless brand experience – and thus increase customer loyalty and improve your return on investment. For successful cross-channel campaigns, e-mail marketing software should support various online marketing channels such as social media, mobile, and web. So you can perform segmented, automated campaigns that allow you to use the full force of all your online channels.
- Analytics– Most providers of e-mail marketing deliver standard metrics like conversion, quantitative and qualitative ROI, performance and test results. By contrast, use modern applications algorithms for data analysis, which assist the user in choosing the right content. Good Analytics summarize the relevant data from different channels to provide an accurate picture of the consumer, which can be used proactively of marketers.
Each e-mail marketer has their own requirements and objectives. The functions described herein are generally applicable to e-mail marketing today. Of course, every company must ask itself whether a particular technology for online marketing meet its specific requirements – the current as well as future.
Where will your company be in five years, and where your competitors will be then? The solutions are to increase sales and profits and improve ROI, but marketers need to think further and use solutions that can predict the habits of online shoppers, which are constantly changing.