According to a recent report published within the leading daily, The Times of India, digital marketing can produce 1.50 Lakh jobs in India. Now, this is really a large figure and one which will undoubtedly bring joy to those trying to create a fruitful career during this rising field. As per the report, the rise in number of e-commerce ventures, increasing smartphone/internet usage and the growing realization of social media’s impact have created a decent demand for digital promoting professionals. Unfortunately, there is lack of skilled and experienced professionals who will do justice to the varied job profiles within the digital promoting domain.
But the brighter aspect of the situation is that jobs can be descending within the times to come back. Also, since there is lack of experienced professionals, there is a good demand for freshers, especially in the startups, budding digital marketing agencies and little businesses. The best thing regarding the sphere is that its doors square measure hospitable freshers from all tutorial backgrounds-whether arts, science, management or technology. What you need could be a passion to be told and grow.
Specialization areas in Digital Marketing
Digital marketing is a versatile and complete field that covers numerous niches and every niche needs a specialist to handle the work demands. Let us take a glance at them:
1. Search Engine Optimization: Search Engine Optimization is an organic (unpaid) method of improving the ranking of web pages and their visibility on various search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. Optimizing webpages is a very vital aspect of Digital Marketing.
2. Search Engine Marketing: Another method of increasing the visibility of web pages is through sponsored placements and advertising. SEM specialists should know how to run PPC campaigns, how to purchase traffic through paid search listing to maximize visibility of web pages on search engines.
3. Social Media Marketing: Social Media Marketing is gaining a lot of popularity with social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and others. A good digital marketer should know how to harness the power of social media to market the brand image of the company.
4. Email Marketing: As it is important to engage your customers and leads with your brand, many organizations send periodic newsletters, email campaigns, autoresponders to its subscribers in order to keep them updated with new products/services added or anything worth sharing.
5. Mobile Marketing: More and more people are going mobile. Smartphones have become very trendy among all age groups. Mobile marketing provides instant updates, promo offers and information of customers’ interests. A person needs to be a mobile freak to get into mobile marketing.
6. Web Analytics: Web Analytics is a very interesting aspect of digital marketing which involves traffic analysis, business and market research and enhancing the website traffic. For instance, Google Analytics gives a great insight into how your website is working.
The average pay for a Digital Marketing Manager is Rs 4,09,607 per year. Most people move on to other jobs if they have more than 10 years’ experience in this field. Experience strongly influences income for this job. The highest paying skills associated with this job are Strategic Marketing, Online Marketing, Social Media Optimization, Google Analytics, and Search Engine Marketing (SEM).
Digital Marketing Areas/Careers:
Digital marketing is a vast field with a variety of areas and segments such as Social media, Content writing, Email marketing, SEO/SEM, Data Analysis, Designing, and much more…To get into Digital Marketing, you need to identify your interests and strengths in order to make a right decision to specialize into a particular area of Digital Marketing. Yes, it is good to get a basic and general knowledge of all the areas encompassing digital marketing, but specialization in one or more fields is the need of the hour.