According to a recent report published within the leading daily, The Times of India, digital marketing can produce 1.50 Lakh jobs in India. Now, this is really a large figure and one which will undoubtedly bring joy to those trying to create a fruitful career during this rising field. As per the report, the rise in number of e-commerce ventures, increasing smartphone/internet usage and the growing realization of social media’s impact have created a decent demand for digital promoting professionals. Unfortunately, there is lack of skilled and experienced professionals who will do justice to the varied job profiles within the digital promoting domain.
But the brighter aspect of the situation is that jobs can be descending within the times to come back. Also, since there is lack of experienced professionals, there is a good demand for freshers, especially in the startups, budding digital marketing agencies and little businesses. The best thing regarding the sphere is that its doors square measure hospitable freshers from all tutorial backgrounds-whether arts, science, management or technology. What you need could be a passion to be told and grow.
Specialization areas in Digital Marketing
Digital marketing is a versatile and complete field that covers numerous niches and every niche needs a specialist to handle the work demands. Let us take a glance at them:
1. Search Engine Optimization: Search Engine Optimization is an organic (unpaid) method of improving the ranking of web pages and their visibility on various search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. Optimizing webpages is a very vital aspect of Digital Marketing.
2. Search Engine Marketing: Another method of increasing the visibility of web pages is through sponsored placements and advertising. SEM specialists should know how to run PPC campaigns, how to purchase traffic through paid search listing to maximize visibility of web pages on search engines.
3. Social Media Marketing: Social Media Marketing is gaining a lot of popularity with social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and others. A good digital marketer should know how to harness the power of social media to market the brand image of the company.
4. Email Marketing: As it is important to engage your customers and leads with your brand, many organizations send periodic newsletters, email campaigns, autoresponders to its subscribers in order to keep them updated with new products/services added or anything worth sharing.
5. Mobile Marketing: More and more people are going mobile. Smartphones have become very trendy among all age groups. Mobile marketing provides instant updates, promo offers and information of customers’ interests. A person needs to be a mobile freak to get into mobile marketing.
6. Web Analytics: Web Analytics is a very interesting aspect of digital marketing which involves traffic analysis, business and market research and enhancing the website traffic. For instance, Google Analytics gives a great insight into how your website is working.
The average pay for a Digital Marketing Manager is Rs 4,09,607 per year. Most people move on to other jobs if they have more than 10 years’ experience in this field. Experience strongly influences income for this job. The highest paying skills associated with this job are Strategic Marketing, Online Marketing, Social Media Optimization, Google Analytics, and Search Engine Marketing (SEM).
Digital Marketing Areas/Careers:
Digital marketing is a vast field with a variety of areas and segments such as Social media, Content writing, Email marketing, SEO/SEM, Data Analysis, Designing, and much more…To get into Digital Marketing, you need to identify your interests and strengths in order to make a right decision to specialize into a particular area of Digital Marketing. Yes, it is good to get a basic and general knowledge of all the areas encompassing digital marketing, but specialization in one or more fields is the need of the hour.
As more organisations begin their own particular recordings to build purchaser engagement, it is imperative to consider how Video can likewise bolster your SEO methodology – done accurately, it can have a genuine effect.
Keep in mind web search tools need to furnish web clients with a decent affair by delivering helpful substance in light of hunt questions. This is the same for video, and much like your site, your video might be generally welcomed on the off chance that it comprises of good or drawing in visual substance or data.
Utilise your own site
Despite the fact that YouTube is the second biggest web index on the planet, with more individuals utilising it for everyday research and instructional exercises, I suggest that all organisations that have created video content host that substance all alone site. Not just will you expand web activity as and when you share the video on your online networking stages, however you may likewise climb a couple puts in Google, as the web index remunerates your site for facilitating great and drawing in video content.
With a promptly drew in gathering of people of 1 billion clients for every day, YouTube gives an inconceivable stage to contacting new clients. Making your own particular YouTube channel with mystery video clasps will empower you to take advantage of this mass gathering of people, while driving them back to your site to watch the video in full.
Video becomes famous online
As video is more captivating than composed substance, it is much more prone to be shared via web-based networking media. For the fortunate ones, this is the begin of something circulating around the web – hence it is crucial to guarantee you generally incorporate a connection back to the wellspring of your video, i.e. your site, to increment both web movement and your position inside the SERPs.
For the geeks
Obviously there are numerous more specialised things you can do to bolster your SEO technique when making and posting video, from guaranteeing every one has its own particular individual point of arrival for ordering, to adding the video transcript to html of the page where it is facilitated.
AdWords Video Advertising Exam
SEO Trends for 2017
Search Engine Optimisation Course
Prioritizing your SEO Checklist
Google Mobile Sites Exam
Digital marketing course has emerged as the most sought after course that professionals are keen to pursue in 2016, according to Simplilearn, a professional certification training provider which has come up with “2016 Career Goals” survey covering over 2,00,000 working professionals spread across top metros in the country.
Majority of digital marketing course requirement comes from Hyderabad followed by Bangalore and Pune. It is used to launch and manage successful businesses online and there is a strong demand for professionals skilled in social media, data analysis and e-mail marketing and content marketing. A survey conducted on Moz.org reported that the global average salary of online marketers is $65,766 and entry level salaries start at around $35,000. According to the findings of the survey, digital marketing course is followed by Android app development, Big Data & Analytics and The Open Group Architecture Framework or TOGAF. Bangalore tops in big data course requirement followed by Android app development and then Digital marketing. For Pune, digital marketing tops the preference and in Chennai, Android app development is the most sought after course.
With over 4.88 billion mobile phone users globally, Mobile Apps are being used regularly from shopping to games. “The blossoming startup scene has also contributed a large chunk of the demand for Android app developers, and many of these start-ups are prepared to pay very competitive salaries to deserving candidates. Salary per annum can range from between $89,000 and $125,000,” the survey said.
According to Simplilearn, TOGAF certified enterprise architects who are skilled in modelling, system integration, applications & role design with project management, are earning $124,000 compared to their non-certified peers.
Big data certified professionals are in demand in industries ranging from IT, Telecom, e-commerce, Retail as well as public sector. The median salary for a data scientist is about $95,000 per annum.
Source: The Times of India