In the coming years, digital marketers are expected to take complete control over the customer experience. In 2016, the industry saw more than 40% growth and now that we are almost in the middle of 2017, we can confidently say that digital marketing awaits a very bright future. There have been several contributing factors behind this growth. Mobile has been one of the prime factors and is currently driving nearly half of all the web traffic. While Internet of Things too is a relatively new concept, it too has started defining the new kind of marketing experience. There are plenty of predictions and opportunities and to combine everything calls for a profound experience.
Personalization has been here for a while, but it is the amount of data available at fingertips that has changed the way the market works. CMOs have already started working on the opportunities at hand and personalization is coming of age. One of the first implications is geo-targeting but advanced marketing requires building statistical models that ascertain what these signals means for the customers who are interested in specific products, while serving them accordingly. The rate of change is both challenging and exciting. Ranging from ad blockage to increasing mobile usage, the new trends are constantly emerging and it is often a feeling that marketers won’t be able to catch up. Consequently, staying ahead of these trends is one of the most integral factors of running a company as technologies and consumer behavior change with startling frequency.
The advantages of digital marketing
Everyone is online – Literally, everyone is online today. Digital marketing doesn’t just encompass the ecommerce apps and websites but also social platforms like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest and more. The new age digital marketing consequently allows you to connect will all kinds of audience groups across the world. Today’s consumer behavior has helped break the boundaries of language, demographic and geography. In the past two years, the number of users even in the age group of 55+ has increased by nearly 80%. For the younger generation, the numbers are thoroughly generous. It you have been looking for a wider target market, your customers will definitely be online.
Getting added trust – With ‘Cold Calling’ you would have asked potential customers to trust you without any solid reason. This has always been a challenging thing for marketers but the opportunities have changed. Today, if consumers can find a social proof of your product quality online, they are more likely to approach you. Whatever the need, people try searching for it online and for marketers, being online is a much easier way to lead them to your product line. By generating a helpful catalogue and creative content, you can seek to attract the attention.
More cost effective – It has always been a misguided concept among digital marketers that cold calling is a way cheaper option than new age digital marketing investments. The later does take time but it is this investment that will give you long term results. To be able to produce a positive ROI requires spending time in doing things that you are best at. For other things, you can always choose to outsource to the best. At the end of the day, digital marketing is cheaper since it is more profitable.
Broadening your reach – With Cold Calling, you are literally in a one-to-one game. This goes on to severely affect the number of people you can contact at any point in time. Even with the best cold callers, you are limited with leads. Digital marketing and its tools, on the other hand, allow you to grow your audience exponentially. Today, people read and share content and thus expose it to an entire list of demographic. The only thing you need to ensure is that the content is sharable and has the potential of going viral.
Prospects responding from their comfort zone – Prospects and leads are more likely to lay their trust on you if they have been able to verify your credibility and ability. With digital marketing, you have all the social proof for it. From testimonials to case studies to analytics, there’s a lot at your disposal to turn your leads into prospects.
So how can marketers prepare for the digital future?
The emergence of wearable technologies – Experts suggest that marketers need to be better prepared for connected devices and wearable technologies like smart watches. The idea is to be able to reach the customer at any time and through a service that makes his life really convenient.
A balanced advertising-marketing mix – Advertising has always been about being able to communicate to an unknown audience while marketing is about handling channels that you are in control of. With rising implication of marketing tech, both advertising and marketing are converging into a form that better communicates with a known audience.
Hybrid cloud technologies – One of the persistent problem for the industry has been ‘data dumping’, wherein all data is systematically stored without a practical forward moving strategy. Adopting hybrid cloud allows picking up all relevant data and putting it to the scalability of the business.
Mobile becoming priority – Mobile devices have easily overgrown the popularity of any other digital devices. Smartphones are handy and consequently is the basic choice for all. With increasing number of features and other conveniences, smartphones in the coming years will go on to rule the digital marketing industry. Savvy marketers are already making the maximum opportunities with their mobile but there are always challenges to overcome.
Mastering customer intelligence – The idea of customer intelligence is all about gauging the future and being there before the demand has started showing up. Digital marketers need to understand what’s relevant to their customers and use the power of analytics to create touch points of engagement.
Today, the average marketer devotes almost 60% of his time to digital marketing activities. While this is set to increase, top companies have already working to increase their digital marketing budgets. The opportunities are many but there will always be issues to tackle. It won’t be a smooth ride but it certainly would be highly profitable.
Is digital marketing a good career
Top Reasons To Choose Digital Marketing As a Career
Is digital marketing a good career
Job roles in digital marketing
The world of digital marketing is constantly changing and evolving. New roles are emerging as companies adapt to new customer habits and strive to stay ahead of the competition. As a result of this fluidity, some roles are more coveted than others, and some can be more difficult to hire for.
Digital marketing recruitment specialists, Forward Role Recruitment has highlighted the most highly sought after roles in digital marketing.
1. CRM Manager – In recent years, CRM (customer relationship management) has become a very popular and cost-effective way of driving greater revenue from customers through their lifecycle.
2. PPC Manager – With Google Shopping driving acquisition in the ecommerce sector, the number of businesses looking to drive more paid digital activity has shot up. As a result, both agency and in-house paid search teams are looking to hire those who know the industry inside out.
3. UX Designer – User experience optimisation has been the hot skill set in design for the last few years, with rising demand for designers who can create user-centric web designs that streamline the customer journey. As a result there is a sizeable contract market for people with these skills.
4. Web Analyst – These are the data guys tasked with measuring anything from acquisition ROI (return on investment) right through to conversions. With no clear academic route into this type of role, it is extremely tough to recruit for these positions.
5. CRO Manager – Jobs specialising in conversion rate optimisation are a fairly recent thing; focused on optimising the flow of traffic and conversions through a website. Businesses have become more focused on repairing the holes in their leaky funnels as pouring new customers into the top gets increasingly expensive.
6. Ecommerce Trading Manager – Usually the P&L (profit and loss) owner of a brand, these commercially-minded people are in charge of juggling stock, seasonality, price, promotions, etc. to trade a website to its maximum potential. With many northwest retailers growing into new markets there is a high demand for additional traders.
7. Head of Digital Acquisition – An all-encompassing Digital Acquisition Specialist is not the easiest thing to find. Many of the most recent generation of digital marketers have come through very specific digital channel streams, meaning that a combination of paid, earned and owned skills in one candidate is difficult to locate.
8. Head of Multichannel Marketing – Finding senior marketers with both high-end digital skills and traditional offline marketing experience is challenging. This is because of the generational gap between upcoming digital marketers who have often been focused on specific digital channels, and marketers who climbed the career ladder pre-digital, who conversely may not have hands-on experience with digital.
9. Technical SEO Manager – Another very technical role, with no real academic route. Technical SEO is constantly evolving with every Google algorithm change or new best practice guidelines, so agencies tend to grow their own talent, passing on the secret sauce of their SEO audit onto new generations.
10. PR Manager – With the proliferation of offline and online PR, the traditional PR skill set is in huge demand. Responsibility for link building in SEO and getting noticed online without a paid budget is now laid at the door of Digital PR Managers.
Top Digital Marketing Course In Chennai
Top reasons to choose digital marketing as a career
Job description of a Digital Marketer
How can I build my career in digital marketing
Online marketing is critical to be successful on the web. Internet marketing for online business gives you the ability to secure more leads therefore increasing your probability of success.
If your digital advertising strategies do not include mobiles, you’re passing up a really large customer base. In regards to your promotion strategy for your company, it is necessary to keep in mind that both conventional advertising and inbound advertising are essential and your advertising strategy is going to be the most successful if you’re able to use both advertising approaches together. If you lack a suitable social networking strategy for your company then you’re passing up an incredible bounty of promotion and engagement opportunities.
Digital Marketing Career Prospects
Real business demands real paperwork, and contracts are a part of that procedure. Therefore, if you’re thinking of giving your organisation an outside chance, we’d advise you to get in contact with internet advertising and marketing professionals to assist and grow your company rapidly. Significant business might have the advantage in some arenas in the offline space, like elaborate storefronts, significant budget advertising initiatives to pull customers etc.. In addition, in critical conditions, businesses can fulfil their manpower requirements through internet recruitment portals. If you want to find a business that provides marketing services online, it is essential to select the one that has years of experience in the business. Because of the large prospects of succeeding in the marketing field, many businesses and agencies are established on account of the very fact of the great success of digital marketing.
Fact about Digital Marketing Career Prospects Uncovered
As stated by the experts of the business, digital marketing is undoubtedly the least expensive approach to brand or advertise a business enterprise. It is a modern way of marketing of products and services by using high technologies mainly over the internet. It is the latest marketing practice creating a buzz in the industry. It is all about creating a hype about your product or service. It does not require one to have any technical knowledge but to resist the growing competition one must know the fine details. It is one of the most effective ways of marketing of products and services over the World Wide Web by using digital technologies. It is important for every online business.
Getting the best digital marketing course
How To Kick-start Your Career In Digital Marketing
How can I build my career in digital marketing