To get the most out of your SEO strategies, it is important to fine-tune your checklist and prioritize it based on your needs. Here I give you few strategies for SEO or SEO tasks and responsibilities, which can help you get good results in search engine results pages or SERPs.
- You need to prepare a Master To-Do List – Here you have to list all SEO tasks you have been doing and what you would like to include for the future, preferably in MS-Excel/Spreadsheet. It can be anything like fixing dead or broken links to publishing relevant content twice or thrice a week. This can include implementation of new SEO tools in starting a social media campaign. The wish list can go on, so keep updating your checklist regularly.
- Allocate Resources – As a business owner, you must have struggled to allocate appropriate staff to consistently produce quality articles for your blog. Your staff may also need training in SEO tools. Are these tools available in hand? If you want to make SEO a priority, then you must allocate both time and money in order to cover the costs of your staff and the SEO tools.
- Prioritise Tasks – There are several ways you can prioritize your SEO tasks. First and foremost, ensure to complete the spreadsheet and have allocated the necessary resources and staff. Let’s look in detail at what all tasks need to be prioritized.
- Initially look out for low-hanging fruit i.e. tasks that take a very little time to implement on a regular basis. These are the tasks that minimize resource costs or maximize your profits.
- Look out for opportunities that may not be as easy as said, but which have a high ROI either by way of more traffic or sales.
- You may also seek or hire SEO professionals to help you.
- Use automation tools to perform multiple tasks. These will cost you money and takes time to learn, but it can be worth in the end. There are initial setup costs and you may not be able to divert your time or money to these items immediately, but they should be on your list of tasks that you could end up making your business more successful and productive in the long run.
Below is a list of tasks/ SEO tasks and responsibilities – you are free to add more to it :
- Fix Broken Links – Check out your website for broken links. Remember, search engines cannot crawl your website efficiently. Moreover, visitors who come by clicking on a broken link will get frustrated and leave your website. Ensure that all your links are working.
- Fixing Poor Link Structures – Check whether your blog posts are linking to other relevant content on your site. If not, you are missing a golden opportunity to keep your visitors engaged on your website.
- Get indexed for major search engines – You will not be found via searches if you are not properly indexed with search engines. Use Google Webmaster Tools to monitor issues pertaining to your website and also resubmit your website after making any major changes. This ensures that Google will index your website.
- Add Social Media Buttons to your Blog Posts – Check out whether each blog post has a social media button embedded into them so that your visitors can share them with their friends & followers. The helps you in improving your search results. You can also share the same amongst your social network.
- Make your website Responsive to all devices – If you do not have a responsive website i.e. accessible through desktop, tablets, smartphones etc. then you are automatically ranked lower by Google for all those pages. Outsource this task, if necessary.
- Update your website’s appearance – Does your website look good on all platforms & browsers? If nor redesign your website.
- Implementation of Social Media Automation Tools – Use this to automate publishing schedules with various social media tools, track the results of your campaigns and much more.
1. What is digital marketing?
2. How to get a job in SEO
3. Digital Marketing Resources
4. High PR DoFollow Video Submission Sites
5. Importance of Digital Marketing
6. Digital Marketing Blogs To Follow