Long gone are the days when the dissemination of advertising messages occurred was solely done through offline channels. In the 21st century – the century of high technology, dominated by digital communication channels with consumers.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital or digital marketing is a communication tools with consumers that are carried out by special digital channels such as smartphones, computers, tablets, television, radio, digital screens. In addition, digital marketing is embodied in offline channels in the form of links to electronic resources and QR codes.
Digital marketing involves a personalized approach, and it means that you should be aware of the needs, preferences, interests and other data of your potential customer.
The entire process of building an advertising campaign on the Internet can be summarized in five key stages:
- Indicate the purpose of your digital advertising campaign (to increase sales, attract consumers, collect data, and so on), develop a strategy;
- Choose distribution channels messages;
- Formulate a communication message, present it in the form corresponding to the selected channels;
- Run an advertising campaign;
- Conduct regular monitoring and analysis of advertising campaigns, adjust if necessary.
It is noteworthy that digital advertising is good if you’re offering a specific product to a narrow target audience. Otherwise your message will not be personalized enough and will not bring the desired effect.
In addition, digital marketing, despite the diversity of distribution channels, is preferred to attract active Internet users.
Another specific feature of digital marketing is its information. Therefore, if your goal is exclusive to sales, digital marketing is not for you. But digital technology will perfectly cope with the increasing recognition of your brand and communicate information about the product to the consumer.
It is possible to allocate the following advantages of digital marketing:
- The rapid growth of brand awareness;
- Relatively low cost;
- The possibility of control and correction;
The Types and Tools of Digital Marketing
- SEO optimization: Optimize your website for users, this will allow you to get more visitors
- Contextual advertising: Directly related to optimization. Represents the ads (links) that appear on the resources by subject corresponding to the advertisement
- Banner advertising: Is an advertising image that is located on any of the pages of your chosen online resource
- Targeting: Personalized advertisement on the social network, leading to your website (page)
- Viral advertising: Advertising, spread by the Internet users themselves
- Email newsletter: Personalized e-mails advertising content
- Push and Pop up Windows: Pop-UPS for selected online advertising
- Native advertising: Native advertising for the selected resources, for example, an article on any subject with a mention of your product
- Advertising in mobile applications: A variety of advertising embedded in mobile applications
The most effective solution is a combination of several tools simultaneously. This will allow to reach the maximum possible audience.
Digital Marketing Strategy
If you decide to apply digital marketing in your business, the first thing you need is to develop a strategy. To facilitate your task, we will present a step-by-step algorithm for its compilation and then give an example.
- Work out the purpose of your digital advertising campaign. They must be digitalized, which is represented in the form of specific numeric values. For example, to increase website traffic by 40%.
- Identify the target audience of the advertising campaign. It should match with the target audience of the product you are promoting.
- Define the competitive advantage of the product you want to promote (or company in General). You will need to express this in the communication message.
- Select distribution channels for communication of messages. We recommend you to select multiple channels.
- Develop a communications message, as well as its design corresponding to the selected channels.
- Calculate budget, and define the terms.
- Consider indicators to measure the efficiency of each channel.
- Control, analysis of results and adjust as necessary;
The last point which I would like to tell you is about Digital Agency. Compared with conventional advertising agencies, services, digital agencies are promoting products on the Internet or using networks and high technology.
Features of a Digital Agency include:
- The development and maintenance of the site;
- Promotion in blogs, groups in social networks and other thematic areas;
- Conducting advertising campaigns on the Internet;
- For other activities using high technologies and the Internet.
The aim of a digital Agency: transfer the consumer from offline to online space, which is to increase sales via the Internet.